Monday, March 21, 2016

The Paper Trade Part 6

In part 5 of The Paper Trade I failed w/ GNC. Buying GNC was a slip of the eye as there was not any growth based on my valuation and therefore it was simply a value trap stock that I should not have purchased. Period.



Let's get into part 6:




At the end of October I bought shares of WMT (Walmart) in the midst of analyst (pros from CNBC to trusted internet sources bashing the name). However, WMT passed my valuation and within 5-months I had a 16% gain in the stock price. I am comfortable with having a 15%-20% gain and I sold WMT at a capital gain of 16%.


















Also, I bought more share of CSCO, APPL, and JPM during market corrections from October 2015 until January 2016 as prices dipped below my cost basis. I matched the additional shares of my individual stock purchases with purchases of my baselines being VOO and being VTI. Due to dollar cost average being effective for broad based indices I can purchase shares of VOO and VTI above my cost basis. Buying VOO and VTI are set & forget investments, but they do not have the upside of prudent individual stock selection over an identical period of time.


Until Part 7... Get Money!!!