Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Paper Trade Part 1




Approximately $10,000 (half the money) is split between 5 stocks for now. Be it a Paper Trade (not my actual account(s) and I do not buy on margin )  I did the same with the VOO (vanguard s&p500) and VTI (vanguard total market) for comparison purposes between individual stock picking and a broad index fund. If I do not outpace the broad indicies at some point, which is the bench mark for fund managers (and retail investors alike) it will be a failure.












I bought positions with half the money yesterday....and I will put in the second half of the money once China stabilizes, crude stabilizes, more news from the federal reserve, if political unrest pops up etc. I'm not sure about the bottom of this recent correction (bear market for some individual stocks) as China is making noise and the fed is making noise. I suppose that I will put the other half on the money to work sometime next month when factors of this recent market decline seem to be resolved.

Granted, I may have missed the bottom of the correction (bear market for some individual stocks) the other day when apple hit a 52-week low of $92 intraday.



anyways, until part 2....GET MONEY!!!