Friday, March 20, 2015

How I obtained Google Adsense 14 Blog post into the game! #monetization









People inquire through various channels of the internet on the qualification process for Google Adsense. I am proof that the qualification is not a drawn out process, and I was denied on my first attempt. On my first attempt I went for approval through my top level domain that was not connected to my blog when I had only 5 or 6 blog post. My blog was embedded on my top domain.



Google told me I needed more content and to try again in the future. I read on various forums that one needed at least 30 high quality blog post over a period of one year. So, when the button for Adsense lit up on my blogger account after my 13th post (6 months of posting) I was in shock!











Yes, the sign up button for Adsense lit up one day after my 13th post, but clicking on the button did not load the form for sign up. Immediately after my 14th post the button/link to sign up for Adsense was usable. I did not have a top level domain on the blog and the other links on the blog mirrored the info on the website of my top-level domain that had at that time.







So, let my first 14 blog posts be the guide for quality, guide for the length, and guide for the content that Google is willing to monetize. The potential was there fairy early for advertisers to benefit from my blog and it will be fully realized as time progresses.